Friday, February 22, 2013

Chapter 7


 
Chapter 7 of Writing Analytically was about how to improve your writing more analytically. I found that this chapter is really helpful for my writing project because I know that analytical thinking is going to make an advancement in my writing. This chapter is about various strategies for making more creative and better ideas. These are some of the common topics:  summary, personal response: the reaction paper, agree/disagree, comparison/contrast and definition.  The first thing I was interested in was summary because I am not comfortable with the idea of summarizing analytically, and my partner commented on the summary paragraph on my first draft. So, I should use these strategies on my writing project that summarize the other sources that support my ideas. It is important because writing analytical summary can help you to have more ideas about what you are summarizing. Also, when you are summarizing the text, you can better understand what you are reading. Another interesting part was personal response. We learned in class how to make good responses to each other, and we should apply these ideas when we reply to other’s blogs. Personal response deals with asking what is interesting, see-through, mainly significant, and/or difficult in the reading.

                                      

In class, Mr. Frank taught us the number system. He said that he is going to teach us how to remember the numbers easier, and if we learned it that way then we can remember any one of the  numbers. I was wondering how he was going to teach us and I was interested because I am a really forgetful person. I cannot really remember numbers well. For example, like a friend’s birthday and phone number. I have to look on my phone when someone asks me someone’s phone number. Also, when my parents were looking for a lawn mower, I was following them, and we were like comparing the price from store to store. I had to take a picture of the prices because I kept forgetting the prices. So, I was thinking this is a good chance to learn how to remember numbers.
Here is the number system:
1. = T, D
2. = N
3. = M
4. = R
5. = L
6. = Sh, Ch, J
7. = K, G
8. = F, V
9. = P, B
0. = S, Z
                                                                            

In class on Wednesday, the discourse I wrote about was doctors. They use medical terms which are really hard and difficult to understand. Most of the words they use are abbreviations of the name of a disease. Also, we cannot understand their hand writing but doctors and nurses are able to understand.

                                   
                         

No comments:

Post a Comment