Friday, March 8, 2013

Midterm Portfolio


REVISING MY PAPER
It is already time to turn in the midterm portfolio for this class. Since we worked on the first writing project, I got the feedback from my peer and Mr. Frank. For my first draft, my peer said that I needed to start with my topic sentences first, that way I can have better flow in my paragraphs. She also told me that one paragraph in my essay is kind of out of topic. So I put topic sentences at the beginning of my paragraphs, took out the paragraph, and it was better than before. For my second draft, Mr. Frank said that as I introduce my sources and demonstrate my ability to work with their ideas, summarize, and quote, I am able to explore many interesting ideas. He also said that I will have to do more of that though-not just choosing sources that go along with how good cellphones are, but sources that have a bone to pick with cellphones. Another thing that he mentioned is to try to connect each idea to the next and show how my argument is developing. I will explore many interesting ideas from other sources and find negative sides to cellphones. First, I am going to read “The Idea of the Paragraph” again, which is about the relation and connection of paragraphs. Then, I will revise again and use strategies in my tool box.

                          

REFLECTIVE COVER LETTER
For my reflective cover letter, I will write about what I have learned in this class from my writing project. I will include things like how to write and think rhetorically, analyzing the reading, languages on academic writing, what strategies I have learned from reading the book, and how to apply them on my essay.

5 Key Elements to a Stellar Cover Letter

PREPARING MY PORTFOLIO
For my portfolio, I will post my first writing project with pictures and some texture elements to create my essay. I am going to using some of my blogs that go with my writing project for extra work. I think it is going to be helpful for my portfolio. I will also find some pictures that go to with my essay and put the pictures along with it. 

                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment